Oil for Beauty: Which Oil to Use for What?
With Singapore’s high humidity, using oil-based beauty products may seem like a big mistake. However, this belief is actually a misconception. Our skin and hair actually need the healing properties of beauty oils for rejuvenating our cells to make our hair look shinier and our skin younger-looking. The real question here isn’t whether you have to use beauty oils or not, but which beauty oil to use for what purpose.
Here’s a list of essential oils you need to get right now.
1. Tea Tree Oil: Is your skin prone to acne? If so, tea tree oil is the solution for that. Tea tree oil is available in almost any beauty shop in the country. It is an antiseptic product perfect for acne-prone skin as it helps fight pimples and facial skin infection.
2. Lotus Oil: Lotus oil is a popular astringent ingredient and has been widely used in Asia for so many years as a treatment for skin ailments. This beauty oil is also said to improve the skin’s elasticity and fights early appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
3. Rosehip Oil: This essential oil is a good source of fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants that help soothe dry and itchy skin. Apart from that, rosehip oil is also an effective product for reducing symptoms of eczema.
4. Jojoba Oil: Jojoba oil is said to contain the same properties with the body’s natural oil, making it an ideal oil-based product for hydration. For people with oily skin, a thin application of this oil helps ‘fool’ your skin into thinking that it has already produced enough oil, therefore reducing oiliness.
5. Argan Oil: Argan oil, also called Moroccan oil, is a popular ingredient in hair care products. Also rich in Vitamin E and fatty acids, this oil is especially beneficial for people with dry skin and hair as it provides hydration.
6. Lemon Oil: Using oil to stop too much oil may sound counterproductive, but that’s exactly what this essential oil does to the skin. Rub a pea size amount of lemon oil onto the skin, and the oil production will start slowing down.
Essential oils are a great way to go natural with your beauty routines. Just keep in mind though that some of these oils are concentrated and will need to be diluted to be safely used. Carefully read the instructions printed on labels or ask your provider how to use the oil properly before purchasing one.