5 Effective Tricks to Prevent Acne Scars
Dealing with acne breakouts already suck as it is, but dealing with post-breakout scars is what really adds insult to injury. When you have a high chance of scarring, it’s important that you take immediate action – don’t wait for the scars to form before you try to make them disappear. Take a more proactive approach against acne scarring using these five-step procedure.
- Never Pick, Pop or Squeeze It. We know that you’ve heard this before, but we’re more than willing to tell you this again: Never ever pop your pimple. Although manhandling your zit don’t always lead to scarring, picking or popping it almost always result in a rather nasty scar. In fact, attacking your acne can turn a minor breakout into a permanent scarring problem. We know that this is easier said than done, but do keep its negative long-term effects in mind.
- Try Out Acne Treatments. Even if you’re currently experiencing an acne breakout, using acne treatments is still a must when it comes to targeting future blemishes. Proactively treating any potential acne will help in lessening your chances of developing deep-rooted breakouts that can lead to scarring in the first place.
- Get Your Breakout Under Control. This can be a critical component in fending off acne scarring, since lesser acne means lesser chances of scarring. If you happen to develop a severe acne, or has been constantly fending off acne breakouts, visiting a dermatologist is the best thing that you can do. There are tons of topical prescriptions that work wonders in preventing acne, as well as those zits that won’t just fade away.
- Use Scar-Specific Treatments. When it comes to acne scar treatments, Sudden Change Scar Zone Acne Treatment & Scar Diminishing Cream is the ultimate godsend. Formulated with silicone, salicylic acid and green tea antioxidants, this cream basically treats acne and discourages scar development at the same time. You can even try using vitamin E on blemishes that already scabbed over to moisturize the area and reinforce compromised tissues and skin cells.
- Stay Protected Against the Sun. To prevent future scarring damage, applying sunscreen daily is an absolute must especially if you’re regularly exposed to the sun. One of the best products to use is La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra-Light Fluid. Not only is it weightless, this sunscreen also absorbs quickly and keeps the skin matte throughout the day. Just remember to apply every two hours if you’re being exposed to direct sunlight.
Dealing with acne scars can really be frustrating and stressful, but by treating it beforehand, you’ll surely be able to prevent serious acne scars from ruining your complexion.